Religion is the right path that leads the humans to the eventual destination. The human life would have no meaning without the religions. If the man knows the God only then he will be able to know himself. That is why the religions are of great significance no matter what religion.
Following is the list of the top 10 oldest religions on the world that are present and are successful in ruling the world.
10. Islam: Islam is the one of the oldest religion of the world that was brought by the Holy Prophet PBUH. It is the monotheistic religion in which the Muslims believe of the oneness of Allah Almighty and the Prophet Hood. Islam is the second major religion of the world with almost 1.5 billion followers called Muslims. The origin of the Islam was started in the 622 AD and it was spread to the whole world within a short period of time.
9. Christianity: standing next on our list is the religion called Christianity that was started in the 300 AD before the advent of Islam. It is also a monotheistic religion that was based on the teaching of the Jesus Christ. Christianity is world’s major religion with around 2.1 billion followers. The Christians believe the Jesus Christ to be the son of Allah Almighty and reserves the Holy book called Bible or New Testament.
8. Taoism: Taoism is the one of the oldest religion that arrives before the arrival of Christianity. It was actually a tradition of Chinese origin that gives the lesson of living in peace and harmony. However Taoism can also be found in the other religions and was started in the 4 to 3rd century BC.
7. Jainism: the other oldest religion of the world is the Jainism or usually called Jain Dharma and it belongs to the Indian religions. The religion teaches to be the non-violent, non- stealing, non- absolute and non- possessive. It is a philosophy of eternity that spread all across the India from the very first day of its origin, 450 BC.
6. Confucianism: it is next on our list because it is the one of the oldest religion that describes the ethical and sociopolitical teachings and is spread in the countries like China, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, Vietnam and Singapore. The advent of this religion started in the 500 BC.
5. Shinto: it is the ethical religion that is followed in the Japan. The religion focus on the ethical values of the people of the Japan there are several types of Shinto that is practiced all over the Japan and it is the largest religion of Japan. The origin of this religion was recorded in the 8th century and is till famous.
4. Buddhism: it is another oldest and the famous religion of the world that consist of the various traditions and practices that are based on the teachings of the Gautama Buddha. The religion was started in the 6th and 4th BC that awakened the regions of China, Thailand, Japan, Korea and India with the estimated followers of 488 million throughout the world.
3. Zoroastrianism: next on our list is the religion that is among the oldest religions of the world. The religion offers the cosmogonic dualism and monotheism in the regions like Iran and India with the 2.6 million followers. The religion started in the 1000 BCE and the basic beliefs of this religion are the Good thoughts, good words and the good deeds.
2. Judaism: the Judaism is the one of the oldest religion that teaches way of life. The Jewish people follow the religion of Judaism that contains the philosophy of culture and the philosophy of monotheism. Torah is the evidence and the foundational text of the Judaism. The origin of this religion was 2000 BCE.
1. Hinduism: this religion is the oldest religion of since the evolution of human beings on Earth that was originate in 4000 to 2500 BCE. It is the dominant religion that is followed mostly in the regions of South Asia like India and Nepal. The Hinduism revolves around the family of the Gods who gave the teachings of cosmology, pilgrimage of the sacred sites and shared textual resources.